Welcome to a rare example of uncompromising luxury. This home is situated in the peaceful 45+ acre Fairhunt Estates equestrian-friendly community where the (9) luxury homes each have 5+ acres with access to trails for walking, biking, hiking & horseback riding. The trails lead to Difficult Run Stream Valley Park where you can hike, explore and fish. For equestrians there are nearby horse farms and the Hunters Valley Riding Club sponsors local events throughout the year. Up to 5 horses are allowed on this property.
This gracious custom stucco & stone trim home is sighted on an amazing ridge line from one of the highest vantage points in Oakton and overlooks peaceful pastureland. The home’s 5.2 acres property abuts the 40 mile Gerry Connelly Cross Country Trail, Difficult Run Stream and backs to acres of parkland. The home offers extraordinary, gorgeous nature views, serene privacy.
An open and inviting floorplan with exceptional spaces for living, entertaining, home offices, quiet time and a relaxed lifestyle. The home radiates formal elegance and rooms for relaxed modern living. A custom designed gourmet kitchen with top-of-the-line stainless steel appliances, granite and gorgeous cabinetry overlooks the family room. Walls of windows in family room, kitchen & morning room wash the expansive spaces with natural sunlight. French doors lead to the large flagstone patio – perfect for dining al fresco wth outdoor entertaining while enjoying a beautiful terraced garden filled with roses & azaleas. The sunroom with three sides of full windows, skylights and a vaulted ceiling is perfect for watching the sunrise or sunset throughout the seasons. An additional large screened porch with a vaulted ceiling for your morning coffee is right off the Family room.
2nd level offers the perfect master retreat with a sitting room, gas fireplace, walk-in closets and a luxury, spa-like bathroom. Three additional large bedrooms all with en suite bathrooms, a sky-lit office/homework space and a dramatic landing complete this floor. The lower level (with almost 2,300 sqft) offers the 5th additional guest suite with a full bath, expansive rec room/TV/multi-purpose space with a wet bar, walk-out staircase to backyard and a large storage room.
5 BR/ 5.5 BA and 6,700sqft (total) Colonial, 3-car side-loading garage, 3 fireplaces (2 gas/1 wood burning with gas connection), mature & professional landscaping, 10’ & vaulted ceilings on main level, sunroom & screened porch, bay windowed Library/Office,Tray ceiling in Master Bedroom, freshly painted, new roof/gutters and leaf guards, newer HVAC – 2 zones. Quick and easy access to major commuter routes and the Metro’s Silver & Orange lines. Incredible location just minutes to Reston, Vienna & Tyson’s Corner.
Schools: Flint Hill Elementary, Thoreau Middle School & Madison High School.
This can be your own private nature preserve with breathtaking surroundings and woodland ambiance in the heart of of Oakton’s Horse country, yet just minutes to all the convenience of civilization. Welcome Home!
Listing Agent:Cynthia Exum Metcalf
Offered By:Long & Foster Real Estate, Inc.
Date Added: 4/21/22 at 5:00 am
Last Update: 11/18/22 at 11:02 pm
- GeneralBuilt- Ins, Butlers Pantry, Chair Railings, Wainscotting, Crown Moldings, Family Room Off Kitchen, Kitchen - Gourmet, Laundry Chute, Primary Bath(s), Pantry, Recessed Lighting, Skylight(s), Upgraded Countertops, Ceiling Fan(s), Floor Plan - Traditional, Formal/ Separate Dining Room, Water Treat System, Window Treatments, Wood Floors, Kitchen - Island, Kitchen - Table Space, Walk-in Closet(s), Whirl Pool/ Hot Tub
- AppliancesCooktop, Dishwasher, Disposal, Dryer, Extra Refrigerator/ Freezer, Microwave, Oven - Double, Refrigerator, Stainless Steel Appliances, Washer, Water Conditioner - Owned, Water Heater
- LaundryMain Floor
- BasementDaylight, Partial, Full, Outside Entrance, Walkout Stairs
- FlooringHardwood, Tile/ Brick, Carpet, Luxury Vinyl Plank
- A/CCentral A/ C, Zoned
- HeatingY, Forced Air, Zoned, Natural Gas
- FireplaceBrick, Mantel(s), Stone, Screen, Fireplace - Glass Doors, Gas/ Propane, Wood, Fireplace, Fireplaces: 3
- Disability FeatureNone
- RoomsLiving Room, Dining Room, Primary Bedroom, Sitting Room, Bedroom 2, Bedroom 3, Bedroom 4, Bedroom 5, Kitchen, Foyer, Breakfast Room, Sun/ Florida Room, Exercise Room, Laundry, Office, Recreation Room
- Half Baths1
- GeneralExtensive Hardscape, Hot Tub, Sidewalks, Stone Retaining Walls, Gutter System, Play Area, Above Grade, Below Grade
- StyleColonial, Traditional
- ParkingAsphalt Driveway, Circular Driveway
- WindowsPalladian, Skylights, Bay/ Bow
- GeneralStucco, Stone, 3, Concrete Perimeter
- RoofingArchitectural Shingle
- HOA Amenities600.0, Annually
- Zoning100, 0371 23 0008
- ViewScenic Vista, Trees/ Woods, Pasture, Garden/ Lawn, Creek/ Stream, Park/ Greenbelt
- FencingWrought Iron
- Current Use011
- UtilitiesElectric Available, Natural Gas Available
- SewerSeptic > # of BR
- SourceBRIGHT_ MAIN, BRIGHT_ MAIN
- DistrictFairfax County Public Schools
- ElementaryFLINT HILL
You need to setup the Yelp Fusion API.
Go into Admin > Real Estate 7 Options > What's Nearby? > Create App