A stately, grand building that served as the backdrop to a life of opulence and privilege may now become your own private Residence. And it is in the middle of a global power center, in one of the most prized locations in Washington, D.C.
Don’t miss this opportunity to own a piece of history. This home was owned, and lived in, for approximately 50 years by Gen. Philip Sheridan’s widow. This home has been declared an “Historic American Building” by the National Park Service – and was given the name, “The Irene Sheridan House.”
This historic 6-story property was also previously owned by the Government of Greece for over 50 years, and formed part of its Chancery/Embassy. It has been stripped to its bare bones and painstakingly restored by a highly-specialized developer. Most everything inside and outside the residence has been restored. It took 14 craftsmen, working 6 days a week for more than 2 years – and millions of dollars – to bring this property to its current state. The inside of this fabulous property is merely waiting for you to add your own style and purpose to this grandiose estate.
If you are fortunate enough to acquire this impressive luxury property in the heart of Embassy Row, you can look forward to:
** A property that is a blank canvas, and can readily be completed as your personal high-end Residence, or an Embassy/Chancery.
** Parking for up to 4 cars.
** A rooftop terrace.
** A brand new elevator.
** 16 temperature zones designed for commercial use.
** 2 Custom-made mahogany doors.
** High ceilings for a sense of spaciousness and grandeur, along with soundproof walls.
** Fine hardwood floors throughout.
** A gorgeous custom-made, single-piece, solid wood banister.
** 2 Smaller balconies.
** Almost everything has been masterfully restored, with all major systems, windows, and plumbing ripped down to the studs and lovingly replaced.
The property is located in the heart of Washington, D.C., with easy access to public transportation, the airports, train station, and tourist attractions, making it easy to see why so many global elites have moved to Embassy Row and Massachusetts Ave.
Live in the heart of it all – an oasis of elegance – just steps from Sheridan and DuPont Circles… and experience all they have to offer. The buyer will reap the benefit of years of beautification, restoration, and green projects along this segment of Massachusetts Ave. NW.
Massachusetts Ave has just been transformed into a splendid European-like Avenue. It is more magnificent than ever, with marble sidewalks, new pavement, improved streetscape, upgraded lighting, traffic signals, and landscaping.
So come discover the endless reasons why D.C. power brokers are eyeing the prize of Massachusetts Avenue in the prestigious Kalorama neighborhood.
Listing Agent:Rene Fonseca
Offered By:Long & Foster Real Estate, Inc.
Date Added: 4/27/22 at 5:00 am
Last Update: 7/28/23 at 10:17 pm
- GeneralWood Floors, Recessed Lighting, Crown Moldings, Elevator, Floor Plan - Open, Sprinkler System, Other
- RoomsLiving Room, Dining Room, Bedroom 2, Bedroom 3, Kitchen, Family Room, Bedroom 1, Other
- AppliancesWater Heater - Tankless
- LaundryMain Floor
- A/CProgrammable Thermostat, Zoned
- HeatingY, Zoned, Electric
- Disability FeatureElevator, Level Entry - Main
- BasementFully Finished, Outside Entrance, Side Entrance, Walkout Stairs, Daylight, Partial, Windows
- FlooringSolid Hardwood
- FireplaceBrick, Mantel(s), Gas/ Propane, Fireplace, Fireplaces: 8
- Eco/Green FeatureConstruction
- Half Baths1
- GeneralExterior Lighting, Fire Escape, Sidewalks, Street Lights, Above Grade, Below Grade
- StyleFederal, French
- ParkingPaved Parking, Private
- PoolIndoor, Negative Edge/ Infinity
- GeneralBrick, 6, Permanent
- RoofingArchitectural Shingle
- WindowsDouble Pane, ENERGY STAR Qualified
- HOA Amenities0.0, Unknown
- Originating MLSBRIGHT_ MAIN
- School DistrictDISTRICT OF COLUMBIA PUBLIC SCHOOLS
- ZoningR-3, 2512//0006
- Current Use085
- SewerPublic Septic
- UtilitiesCable TV Available, Natural Gas Available, Phone Available, Sewer Available, Water Available
- SourceBRIGHT_ MAIN, BRIGHT_ MAIN
- NA CompensationThe buyer-broker compensation is available to brokers who did not sign a Confidentiality Agreement during the auction process. Those who signed a CA with Ten- X during the auction are under those terms for 90 days following the auction.
- ExclusionsChandelier in MLS photos does not convey; has been replaced
- DistrictDistrict of Columbia Public Schools
You need to setup the Yelp Fusion API.
Go into Admin > Real Estate 7 Options > What's Nearby? > Create App