Mallard Drive is an extraordinary waterfront estate between Easton and Oxford on Peachblossom Creek. This breathtaking property provides a commanding presence with southern exposure, high elevation, mature trees, and a private setting. Built in 2004, the residence and improvements bespeak quality, and it shows with attention to detail in every facet.
From the manicured grounds to the immaculate systems and infrastructure of the residence, this offering is sure to please the most discerning buyer. The property boasts a stately gated entry setting the pace upon arrival with manicured grounds and a gravel drive leading to a stone bridge. The driveway winds, meandering through a canopy of mature hardwoods and pine. Custom hardscape features throughout
A grand entry in the two-story foyer and gallery sets the tone upon entering this magnificent home. The trim work, joinery, and finishes are immaculate, and spaces within the residence are proportionally balanced, creating a comfortable and inviting atmosphere. The transverse hall leads to the main living areas with spectacular water views and natural light.
To the east, the formal dining room leads to the spacious gourmet kitchen and casual dining. The conservatory provides a delightful and casual living space, augmented by an indoor natural stone koi pond. Here, residents benefit from convenient access to the elevator and the oversized three-car garage for daily entry. Heading west down the traverse hall leads to a screened-in porch with brick flooring and opens to a gorgeous patio under a pergola. The first-floor primary bedroom suite features a waterfront seating area, a luxurious bath with a clawfoot tub, a dressing room, and two spacious custom-built walk-in closets.
An elegant office with stained glass doors opens to the library above and is connected by a winding staircase.
The second floor features a unique library connecting to the second-floor study, two exquisite waterfront guest suites, one inland guest suite, an additional laundry room, an elevator, and third-floor access. The third floor offers a recreation and billiards room with a wet bar, a king guest suite, and a twin guest suite.
The 6,000’ basement is easily accessible by elevator and stairwells. In addition to two storage rooms, the basement includes an exercise room, wine cellar, and ample storage.
The Au Pair Suite is located above the garage of the primary residence with a separate entrance and offers fantastic waterfront views. This apartment is completely separate and offers a generous living space with a full bath, a living room, dining room, and kitchen.
The Caretaker’s Cottage is a short remove from the main residence. It also has a full basement, two bedrooms upstairs, an open kitchen, living and dining room. A two-car detached garage is adjacent to the cottage.
The shoreline in front of the house is secured with a timber bulkhead along Peachblossom Creek. The pier in front of the house is 100’ long with 5’ of water at mean low tide controlling depth. 7′ of water at the dock. There is an 8,000 lb boat lift, a personal watercraft lift and float along with a concrete ramp. The additional pier is found in the basin, yielding 5’ at mean low tide with another boat lift and multiple personal watercraft lifts. Both piers have 50 amp service, lighting, and water. Proximity to Easton – 6 miles, Oxford- 7.5 miles, Philadelphia – 116 miles, and Washington D.C. – 75 miles puts this offering in a very desirable location enjoying a rural, small-town setting with a vibrant arts community, competitive medical services, and everything appreciated by those familiar with the Eastern Shore of Maryland.
Listing Agent:Coard A Benson
Offered By:Benson & Mangold, Llc
Date Added: 10/27/20 at 5:00 am
Last Update: 4/11/23 at 9:23 pm
- GeneralBar, Breakfast Area, Built- Ins, Butlers Pantry, Cedar Closet(s), Crown Moldings, Double/ Dual Staircase, Air Filter System, Central Vacuum, Elevator, Entry Level Bedroom, Family Room Off Kitchen, Floor Plan - Open, Wine Storage, Wood Floors, Sprinkler System, Primary Bedroom - Bay Front
- AppliancesDishwasher, Dryer, Extra Refrigerator/ Freezer, Microwave, Oven/ Range - Gas, Range Hood, Refrigerator, Washer, Water Heater - Tankless
- BasementConnecting Stairway, Full, Fully Finished, Heated, Workshop, Other
- FlooringHardwood, Tile/ Brick
- A/CCentral A/ C
- HeatingY, Forced Air, Heat Pump - Electric Back Up, Propane - Owned
- FireplaceWood, Gas/ Propane, Fireplace, Fireplaces: 3
- RoomsLiving Room, Dining Room, Primary Bedroom, Sitting Room, Bedroom 2, Bedroom 3, Bedroom 4, Bedroom 5, Kitchen, Den, Library, Foyer, Study, Laundry, Other, Recreation Room, Utility Room, Workshop, Bedroom 6, Conservatory Room, Primary Bathroom, Half Bath, Screened Porch
- Disability FeatureElevator
- LaundryMain Floor, Upper Floor
- Eco/Green FeatureRecycled Materials
- Half Baths3
- GeneralExtensive Hardscape, Exterior Lighting, Flood Lights, Lawn Sprinkler, Outbuilding(s), Other, Above Grade, Below Grade
- Other StructuresAbove Grade, Below Grade
- PoolHeated Pool, Saltwater
- ParkingGravel Driveway
- ZoningR, 2101033786
- ViewWater, Scenic Vista, River
- Current Use110
- FencingBoard, Wood
- SewerSeptic Tank Installed, Septic Tank Installed
- UtilitiesCable TV, Propane, 220 Volts
- OwnershipFee Simple
- SourceBRIGHT_ MAIN, BRIGHT_ MAIN
- CommissionSettlement is a condition precedent to compensation.
- GeneralBrick, 4
- WindowsDouble Hung, Casement
- HOA Amenities75.0, Annually
- DistrictTalbot County Public Schools
You need to setup the Yelp Fusion API.
Go into Admin > Real Estate 7 Options > What's Nearby? > Create App