Welcome to this colonial-style brick front home located on an over 1-acre lot on a quiet cul-de-sac that sits on a hill and is nicely landscaped. This house is structurally very solid. The main structural framing of the house is steel. Only exterior walls are load-bearing, with the exception of a few members around the stairways.
This property is comprised of two sections. The new part of the house, which was custom-built in 2003, has 3 levels with a footprint of 2500 sqft, 5 bedrooms and 5.5 bathrooms, and the remodeled part of the original house, built in the 1950s, has 750 plus sqft and is comprised of 3 bedrooms and 1 full bathroom with a separate entrance, which makes it a great stand-alone in-law/ guest house.
This gorgeous property features 5 bedrooms and 5.5 bathrooms in 3 levels with an open floor plan that draws you fluidly from one space to the next. A guest/in-law house with 3 bedrooms and a full bath with a skylight is a great bonus to this magnificent property. A circular driveway that can accommodate all your guests guides you to the house. Beyond the entrance door, you’re greeted by a two-story foyer with marble floors and a double curved staircase opening to the formal living room and dining room. The main level welcomes you into an open floor plan with Brazilian cherry hardwood floors and recessed lights. The foyer leads you to a gorgeous and expansive family room with a gas fireplace, 2 separate coat closets, a gourmet kitchen with granite counters, stainless steel appliances, a gas cooktop, backsplash, plentiful cabinets, a walk-in pantry for ample storage, a powder room, a second staircase that leads to the upper level, and a French door that opens to the wood deck area and private backyard, and a mud room with access to the three-car side-entry garage, which is almost 900 sqft, complete the Main Level.
Upstairs, you’ll find that the hardwood floors continue throughout. The primary bedroom, which includes a sitting area for private relaxation, has been updated with his and her walking closets and an updated en-suite bath with walk-in shower, dual sinks, a skylight, and ample storage. The laundry room is big and has shelves, a side-by-side washer and dryer, and room for anything you want (a drying rack, laundry basket storage, etc.). There are four other bedrooms. The second and third bedrooms share a full bath with a tub. The other two bedrooms share a full bath with a tub/shower and can be used as a guest room or office. The main floor has 10 feet ceiling.
The basement, which has tall 9 ft ceilings, is finished with a kitchenette, a gas fireplace, a huge family room with slate flooring, which is great for entertaining friends and family (currently used for movies and music), two full baths with a shower, and with a few steps, walks out to the outdoor patio. Plus, there are 2 flex/bonus rooms that can be used for anything: gym, media room, office, storage, whatever you need!
Other highlights of this property include an attached guest/in-law house with hard wood floors that has a separate outside entrance and garage access, a sitting area that can be used as a family room, and 3 bedrooms (currently used as a 2 bedroom and a kitchenette).
A large shed, 294 sqft, with an attic completes this multi-featured home. Four zoned HVAC systems ensure comfortable and efficient heating/cooling year-round. The roof, gutters and down spouts, cement board sidings, and driveway asphalt are BRAND NEW. The two HVAC systems were replaced in 2015 and 2018. The 80-gallon water heater was replaced in 2018. This home is not part of any Homeowner Association so there is no HOA.
This home is only 1.5 miles from the Mosaic District Entertainment center, 1.3 miles to 495 ramp and only 0.7 miles to Inova hospital.
Listing Agent:Hanieh Hashemi Olia
Offered By:Samson Properties
Date Added: 6/24/23 at 5:00 am
Last Update: 7/20/23 at 2:24 pm
- GeneralBreakfast Area, Attic, Combination Kitchen/ Dining, Crown Moldings, Curved Staircase, Dining Area, Double/ Dual Staircase, Floor Plan - Open, Formal/ Separate Dining Room, Kitchen - Island, Kitchen - Table Space, Kitchen - Gourmet, Pantry, Recessed Lighting, Skylight(s), Stall Shower, Store/ Office, Tub Shower, Walk-in Closet(s), Wet/ Dry Bar, Window Treatments, Wood Floors
- RoomsLiving Room, Dining Room, Bedroom 2, Bedroom 3, Bedroom 4, Bedroom 5, Kitchen, Family Room, Foyer, Bedroom 1, Exercise Room, Laundry, Storage Room, Utility Room, Bathroom 1, Bathroom 2, Bathroom 3, Bonus Room
- AppliancesDryer - Electric, Built- In Microwave, Cooktop, Dishwasher, Disposal, Dryer - Front Loading, Exhaust Fan, Extra Refrigerator/ Freezer, Oven/ Range - Electric, Refrigerator, Stainless Steel Appliances, Washer, Washer - Front Loading, Water Heater
- LaundryUpper Floor
- BasementConnecting Stairway, Interior Access, Outside Entrance, Rear Entrance, Windows, Workshop, Poured Concrete, Fully Finished
- FlooringCeramic Tile, Hardwood, Marble, Slate
- A/CHeat Pump(s), Central A/ C
- HeatingY, Forced Air, Electric, Natural Gas
- FireplaceFireplace, Fireplaces: 2
- Disability FeatureNone
- Half Baths1
- GeneralFlood Lights, Gutter System, Exterior Lighting, Sidewalks, Street Lights, Above Grade, Below Grade
- StyleColonial, Georgian
- RoofingFiberglass, Shingle
- WindowsDouble Hung, Double Pane, Low- E, Skylights, Screens, Wood Frame
- GeneralBrick, Brick Front, Hardi Plank Type, 3, Concrete Perimeter, Crawl Space, Slab, Block
- Originating MLSBRIGHT_ MAIN
- School DistrictFAIRFAX COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
- Zoning110, 0591 03 0010
- ViewStreet, Trees/ Woods
- FencingPartially, Rear, Wood
- Current Use011
- UtilitiesElectric Available, Natural Gas Available, 110 Volts, Single Phase
- SewerPublic Sewer
- SourceBRIGHT_ MAIN, BRIGHT_ MAIN
- ExclusionsThe refrigerator in the basement
- DistrictFairfax County Public Schools
You need to setup the Yelp Fusion API.
Go into Admin > Real Estate 7 Options > What's Nearby? > Create App