Nestled in the heart of Old Town, this magnificent Victorian residence exudes elegance and offers a unique opportunity to own a piece of history. Built in 1870, this freestanding brick home sits on a beautiful tree-lined block and its picturesque façade with decorative window pediments and cornice add to the inviting curb appeal. High ceilings, tall windows, original heart pine floors, 2 wood burning fireplaces, handsome millwork, and other fine details showcase the perfect blend of old-world craftsmanship with modern conveniences.
The multi-story interior is gracious and enchanting, introduced by a welcoming double door vestibule with marble flooring, spacious front hall with an original staircase and shadow rail, high ceilings, and an antique bell chandelier. Gorgeous original 9’ double doors with hardware open to the generously proportioned living room with 10’5” ceilings where entertaining is effortless. Natural light streams through tall windows on two sides with original folding shutters and a wood burning fireplace with an ornate mantle makes an elegant statement. A wonderful formal dining room is a lovely setting for gatherings. Delight the chef in the sunny kitchen equipped with new stainless appliances, a period fireplace, abundant cabinetry, decorative corner china cabinet, and access to the covered veranda. Enjoy morning coffee or a casual meal in the triple windowed eat-in area overlooking the expansive brick patio. Completing the main level is a convenient powder room to accommodate your guests.
The second level presents a generous family room, ideal for relaxing, with many windows and built-in bookshelves. A delightful guest suite provides a comfortable setting for family or guests with a door to access to the fabulous sunroom. The light-filled primary suite is a private respite featuring a dressing room with large closets, custom built-ins, access to the bright sunroom, and an updated bath with seamless glass shower and marble vanity. The third level offers two additional bedrooms, full bath, and a cedar closet. Other special features include a large lower level with built-in shelving, additional storage, and a laundry area with sink.
Savor the outdoors on the deep covered porch with intricate wrought iron embellishments or on the expansive patio garden retreat surrounded by mature trees and specimen plantings. Outdoor enthusiasts will enjoy reading or relaxing in the gazebo or working in the potting shed. One off-street parking space beyond the iron gate completes this important property.. This historic gem enjoys a prime location on one of Old Town’ sought-after streets, minutes to shops, restaurants, parks, and the Potomac River. Now is the time to embrace the chance to create new memories in this remarkable residence.
Listing Agent:Barbara G Beckwith
Offered By:Mcenearney Associates, Inc.
Date Added: 9/12/23 at 5:00 am
Last Update: 10/18/23 at 2:08 am
- GeneralBreakfast Area, Built- Ins, Cedar Closet(s), Chair Railings, Crown Moldings, Kitchen - Eat- In, Kitchen - Island, Kitchen - Table Space, Pantry, Primary Bath(s), Tub Shower, Window Treatments, Wood Floors
- RoomsLiving Room, Dining Room, Primary Bedroom, Bedroom 2, Bedroom 3, Bedroom 4, Kitchen, Family Room, Sun/ Florida Room, Laundry, Other, Storage Room, Bathroom 2, Bathroom 3, Primary Bathroom, Half Bath
- AppliancesBuilt- In Microwave, Built- In Range, Dishwasher, Dryer, Refrigerator, Stainless Steel Appliances, Washer
- LaundryBasement, Upper Floor
- FlooringHardwood, Tile/ Brick
- A/CCentral A/ C
- HeatingY, Radiator, Natural Gas
- FireplaceWood, Fireplace, Fireplaces: 2
- Disability FeatureNone
- BasementUnfinished, Connecting Stairway, Interior Access, Shelving
- Half Baths1
- GeneralAwning(s), Extensive Hardscape, Above Grade, Below Grade
- ParkingParking Space Conveys
- GeneralBrick, 3, Brick/ Mortar
- WindowsDouble Hung, Wood Frame
- HOA AmenitiesCommon Grounds, Concierge, Elevator, Exercise Room, Extra Storage, Fitness Center, Meeting Room, Reserved/ Assigned Parking, Security, Common Area Maintenance, Ext Bldg Maint, Gas, Management, Reserve Funds, Snow Removal, Trash, $2,363 Monthly
- Originating MLSBRIGHT_ MAIN
- School DistrictALEXANDRIA CITY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
- CountyALEXANDRIA CITY
- ZoningRM, 11945500
- Current Use22
- SewerNo Septic System
- UtilitiesElectric Available, Natural Gas Available, Water Available
- SourceBRIGHT_ MAIN, BRIGHT_ MAIN
- ExclusionsEagle over front door does not convey. Statue of woman playing flute in garden does not convey.
- DistrictAlexandria City Public Schools
You need to setup the Yelp Fusion API.
Go into Admin > Real Estate 7 Options > What's Nearby? > Create App