Welcome to your dream home in the heart of Old Town Alexandria! This classic end-unit rowhouse offers everything you need to enjoy the vibrant Old Town lifestyle. Nestled in a prime location in the charming southeast quadrant, this home boasts a multitude of features that will make your everyday life truly exceptional.
With 2 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, and 3 levels of living space, this rowhouse provides ample room for you to settle in and make it your own. The home offers a delightful porch and a private brick patio at the back, where you can relax and unwind amidst a serene setting. Picture yourself enjoying your morning coffee in the inviting front courtyard, surrounded by a white picket fence that adds to the home’s charm.
Step inside and be greeted by the warmth of two inviting fireplaces, creating a cozy ambiance throughout. Sunlight fills every corner of this home, thanks to its windows on three sides, offering lush treetop views. Classic 1940s features, including wide-plank hardwood floors, detailed fireplace mantels, rounded ceilings on the upper level, a slate roof, and wood-framed windows, add character and timeless appeal to the property.
One of the highlights of this property is its outstanding location on Franklin Street. Here, you are just blocks away from the breathtaking waterfront, prestigious schools, convenient workplaces, fabulous shopping destinations, delectable dining options, and a variety of biking and hiking trails. Plus, major commuter roadways are easily accessible, allowing for a seamless commute. Despite being so close to all these amenities, the tree-lined street provides a peaceful retreat where you can kick back and relax on your front stoop.
This home has been meticulously cared for, ensuring your comfort and convenience. Modern upgrades include a beautifully renovated upper-level bathroom in calming shades of gray and white which now boasts a new built-in linen closet. Behind the scenes, improvements such as a new water heater, kitchen dishwasher, upgraded electrical panel, and the restoration of both fireplaces in 2018 have been made.
In 2021, the property received several valuable upgrades, including new Leaf Filter gutters, ensuring that your gutters remain free of debris and function optimally year-round. The installation of SMART dimmable switches throughout the house allows you to easily control the lighting and create the perfect ambiance for any occasion. A SMART thermostat has also been installed, providing energy efficiency and convenient temperature control.
To enhance the security of your home a new ADT whole house security system has been installed, along with keypad locks and custom storm doors on all exterior doors allowing for keyless entry and enhanced control over access to your home. The storm doors also provide an extra layer of protection against the elements while allowing natural light to filter in and fresh air to circulate throughout your home. The exterior wood trim was also freshly painted in 2022, revitalizing the home’s curb appeal and preserving its charming aesthetics.
With these remarkable upgrades, this Old Town Alexandria rowhouse not only offers a fantastic location and an array of features but also provides modern conveniences, security enhancements, and aesthetic improvements that will make living here an absolute pleasure.
In addition to the delightful outdoor spaces like the back covered porch and the brick patio, you’ll have easy access to local parks and stores, just a few blocks away. The location is incredibly convenient for commuting, with easy road access to Rt 1, GW Parkway, and 495, as well as nearby bus routes.
Embrace the Old Town lifestyle you’ve always desired. Make this meticulously maintained rowhouse your own, and relish in the joy of living in a prime location surrounded by all the amenities and conveniences you could wish for.
Listing Agent:Christopher James Perry
Date Added: 10/19/23 at 5:00 am
Last Update: 10/29/23 at 6:53 pm
- GeneralAttic, Combination Dining/ Living, Floor Plan - Open, Wood Floors
- RoomsLiving Room, Primary Bedroom, Bedroom 2, Kitchen, Laundry, Bathroom 2, Primary Bathroom
- AppliancesBuilt- In Microwave, Dishwasher, Disposal, Dryer, Oven/ Range - Gas, Stainless Steel Appliances, Washer, Water Heater
- LaundryDryer In Unit, Washer In Unit
- FlooringHardwood, Ceramic Tile
- A/CCentral A/ C
- HeatingY, Central, Natural Gas
- FireplaceWood, Fireplace, Fireplaces: 2
- Disability FeatureNone
- Eco/Green FeatureLeed Certified
- GeneralChimney Cap(s), Extensive Hardscape, Exterior Lighting, Gutter System, Sidewalks, Stone Retaining Walls, Street Lights, Above Grade, Below Grade
- ParkingAssigned, Electric Vehicle Charging Station(s), Lighted Parking, Limited Common Elements, Secure Parking
- WindowsEnergy Efficient, Low- E, Screens
- GeneralBrick, Masonry, 3, Block
- HOA AmenitiesBar/ Lounge, Common Grounds, Concierge, Elevator, Exercise Room, Fitness Center, Newspaper Service, Party Room, Reserved/ Assigned Parking, Other, Common Area Maintenance, Custodial Services Maintenance, Ext Bldg Maint, Insurance, Management, Snow Removal, Trash, Other, Gas, $907 Monthly
- Originating MLSBRIGHT_ MAIN
- School DistrictALEXANDRIA CITY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
- CountyALEXANDRIA CITY
- ZoningRM, 11802500
- Current Use61
- ViewTrees/ Woods, River
- FencingFully, Board, Masonry/ Stone, Picket
- SewerPublic Sewer
- UtilitiesCable TV, Electric Available, Natural Gas Available, Water Available
- SourceBRIGHT_ MAIN, BRIGHT_ MAIN
- ExclusionsMurphy bed on first floor does not conveyn Stacked drawers on left side of second bedroom closet does not convey
- DistrictAlexandria City Public Schools
You need to setup the Yelp Fusion API.
Go into Admin > Real Estate 7 Options > What's Nearby? > Create App