This wonderful turn-of-the-century farmhouse has been renovated and is well-maintained. Situated in a prime location, this home is on a beautiful street on a flat lot, located just a few blocks from the heart of Del Ray shops, restaurants, farmers market, library, coffee shop, and walk to the new Potomac Yard/VT Metrorail Station!
Much of the original home charm has been restored of the period. This is a large 4-level home with 3 living levels with hardwood floors, and a large dry basement. The home has 5+ bedrooms, and 3 full bathrooms, zoned central air conditioning, gas boiler heating, and a central vacuum system on all 4 levels.
The first floor includes a large front porch with a swing, a gracious entry hall with wide stairs, an open-concept living room with wood burning fireplace, high ceilings with crown molding, and a large dining room with chair railing, adjacent to a sunny breakfast room with French doors, all adjacent to a beautiful screened rear porch which overlooks the rear yard, and a large kitchen with original tile floor, stainless steel appliances including dishwasher and gas range, granite countertops, glass door wall cabinets, and butler pantry with bar sink and direct access to the basement. The large unfinished basement has ample storage and a large laundry room, updated 200 amp electrical service, and a Unico high-velocity air conditioning system.
The second level has high ceilings with 4 ample-sized bedrooms with 2 full bathrooms. One of the rear bedrooms has a walk-in closet and a beautiful covered porch overlooking the rear yard.
The 3rd floor has a cathedral ceiling and skylights, 2 large bedrooms (one very large) plus a full hall bathroom. This level could be used as an in-home office suite complete with an extra bedroom, or primary bedroom suite.
Lastly, the home is nicely positioned on the lot, sited near the right side yard which creates a large left side yard for kids to play or improved with a driveway if desired.
Listing Agent:Thomas S Hennerty
Offered By:Netrealtynow.com, Llc
Date Added: 11/1/23 at 5:00 am
Last Update: 11/15/23 at 9:45 pm
- GeneralDining Area, Chair Railings, Double/ Dual Staircase, Window Treatments, Wet/ Dry Bar, Wood Floors, Breakfast Area, Butlers Pantry, Ceiling Fan(s), Central Vacuum, Floor Plan - Open, Floor Plan - Traditional, Formal/ Separate Dining Room, Skylight(s)
- RoomsLiving Room, Dining Room, Primary Bedroom, Bedroom 2, Bedroom 3, Bedroom 4, Bedroom 5, Kitchen, Family Room, Foyer, Breakfast Room, Study, Sun/ Florida Room, Laundry, Bedroom 6, Bathroom 2, Bathroom 3, Attic, Primary Bathroom, Screened Porch
- AppliancesRefrigerator, Washer - Front Loading, Oven/ Range - Gas, Dryer
- LaundryDryer In Unit, Has Laundry, Washer In Unit, Upper Floor
- A/CCentral A/ C
- HeatingY, Forced Air, Natural Gas
- FireplaceFireplace, Fireplaces: 1
- Disability Feature2+ Access Exits
- Eco/Green FeatureAppliances
- BasementFull, Improved, Heated, Partially Finished
- GeneralExtensive Hardscape, Secure Storage, Sidewalks, Above Grade, Below Grade
- StyleFarmhouse/ National Folk
- ParkingBrick Driveway, Circular Driveway, Parking Space Conveys, Paved Parking, Private
- WindowsCasement, Double Pane, Screens, Skylights
- GeneralFrame, 3, Permanent
- RoofingAsphalt, Shingle
- Originating MLSBRIGHT_ MAIN
- School DistrictALEXANDRIA CITY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
- CountyALEXANDRIA CITY
- ZoningR 2-5, 15062000
- ViewGarden/ Lawn, Street
- FencingFully, Rear
- Current Use22
- SewerPublic Sewer
- SourceBRIGHT_ MAIN, BRIGHT_ MAIN
- DistrictAlexandria City Public Schools
You need to setup the Yelp Fusion API.
Go into Admin > Real Estate 7 Options > What's Nearby? > Create App