The Moment House is designed as a series of unfolding spaces. The spaces open to each from back to front, inside to outside and vertically. A three-story interconnecting light-filled monumental stairway connects vertically to the sky. A tall pivot entry door opens to views through the space of the green scape beyond.
While the communal spaces are all interlinked vertically and horizontally, there are spaces to escape: a reading niche perched above a double height living room with floor to ceiling glass, and a primary suite bath cantilevered into the trees.
Developed by award winning designers at KOR.10 Architecture, Moment House is named for the special moments the design creates. This one-of-a-kind choreographed home features views of its untouched trees through large windows and several outdoor spaces. Nature and daylight engage the home through balconies, decks, patios, and a luxury bathroom lofted above the landscape. Entertaining is made effortless and enjoyable: the kitchen is adorned with top-of-the-line appliances, quartz countertops and European cabinetry with details like built-in cutlery trays and skid free mats in drawers.
Additional features include: 45” sink with touchless faucet, 3 side-by-side refrigerators integrated into the cabinets, a demonstration style island with a waterfall top, a counter replete with ice maker and sink serving the outdoor deck through a passthrough window. One level below: an expansive entertainment suite with wine bar and a walk out to the lower patio. The design balances social spaces with the need for peace and privacy: four bedrooms with two full baths upstairs, a Primary Bedroom Suite with a dedicated terrace and a bathroom that is focused on bringing calm and tranquility.
A fitness room, an office/study, two guest suites, one with a walk-out cour anglaise all contribute to the need for focused activity and relaxation. Light, shade and shadow on honest natural materials like wood, steel, glass, and concrete are composed to create interest in every part of the house and together as a single composition.
Clean lines hide the sophistication integrated into this house from the standpoint of thermal, heating and cooling, reuse and landfill reduction, storm water management and daylighting. Smart systems ingrained into the house make it both easy to use and functional. 2 car garage, outdoor living spaces for entertaining, and a spacious indoor living area totaling in 5,650 square feet. 7 Bedrooms + Study + Fitness | 5 Full + 1 Half Bath.
Listing Agent:James T Kim
Offered By:Mcenearney Associates
Date Added: 5/16/23 at 5:00 am
Last Update: 7/26/23 at 1:28 pm
- GeneralBar, Floor Plan - Open, Kitchen - Gourmet, Kitchen - Island, Primary Bath(s), Recessed Lighting, Skylight(s), Upgraded Countertops, Walk-in Closet(s), Wine Storage
- AppliancesBuilt- In Microwave, Dishwasher, Disposal, Dryer, Washer, Refrigerator, Extra Refrigerator/ Freezer, Icemaker, Oven - Wall, Cooktop, Range Hood
- LaundryUpper Floor, Lower Floor
- BasementFully Finished, Garage Access, Walkout Level
- A/CCentral A/ C
- HeatingY, Forced Air, Natural Gas
- Disability FeatureNone
- FlooringHardwood, Tile/ Brick
- Half Baths1
- GeneralExterior Lighting, Above Grade, Below Grade
- WindowsInsulated, Low- E, Screens, Triple Pane
- GeneralConcrete, Glass, Fiber Cement, 3, Slab
- Originating MLSBRIGHT_ MAIN
- School DistrictFAIRFAX COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
- Zoning904, 0482 08 0009
- Current Use971
- SewerPublic Sewer
- SourceBRIGHT_ MAIN, BRIGHT_ MAIN
- DistrictFairfax County Public Schools
You need to setup the Yelp Fusion API.
Go into Admin > Real Estate 7 Options > What's Nearby? > Create App